Did you know that the best hair weaves in the world are made from Indian hair? Well, that is because Indian hair is known as one of the most luscious and healthy hair. By now most of you know the common things that are practiced in Indian culture for long, black hair like genetics, coconut oil, henna, etc but let me tell you the most popular ones that our ancestors promoted but we ignored. Now, doing the following and using the following products will not magically give you 4 inch growth over night but if you do it consistently you will see a major difference, and you will have beautiful hair for the rest of your life. Forward this message to mothers and friends so it can be applied from a very young age.
- Sunflower seed oil: It was one of the most widely used oils along with coconut oil and amla oil. But use with caution as the consistency is thick almost like castor oil. Use it sparingly.
- Fenugreek seed and leaf: AKA methi contains iron, protein, fiber, manganese, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamin B6. It has so many benefits for our body but here we will talk about its benefits on hair. It helps with hair growth, stops hair fall, and clears dandruff. Use them in oils and/or eat both leaves and seeds.
- Amla Oil: I have written about the benefits of amla here. I cannot emphasize the benefits this oil and fruit have on hair. Use topically and ingest it.
- Curry leaf: It prevents premature hair greying and hair fall. Used in cooking and also oils.(Fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, red chilly)
- Red chilly powder: Yes you read it correct. Added to warm oil and applied to scalp, it dramatically reduces hair fall.
- Shikakai Powder: In conjunction with amla powder it is one of the most popular hair growth remedies for all Indians. Can be used as a shampoo and conditioner.
- Aritha: It promotes hair growth and nourishes hair.
- Brahmi Oil: It promotes hair growth and stops hair fall.
How to apply the above ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. amla oil
- 1 tbsp. fenugreek seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
Application: put all the oils in a pan and heat on medium for 20 seconds and add the seeds and leaves. Remove from heat within 10 seconds. (just need to heat the seeds and leaves to get the nutrients out). Apply it in scalp thoroughly and to hair. Wash after an hour.
Remedy 2: Extremely Effective in hair growth
- 1 bowl of coconut oil
- 1/4 bowl of fenugreek seeds
- 10 curry leaves
Application: Mix the ingredients in a clear glass jar or bottle. Place in direct sunlight for 14 days. After 14 days it is ready to be used.
- Take 2 tbsp. of any oil
- 1/4 tbsp. of red chilly powder
Application: warm the oil in a pan and add chilly once the oil is hot (about 30 seconds). Remove off heat right away. Apply it directly onto scalp and wash it off after 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp. amla powder
- 2 tbsp. shikakai powder
- Aritha Powder
- Rose water
- Lemon juice
Application: mix the ingredients together and apply it directly onto damp hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off. Use it as a shampoo once a week.
Do not wash hair more than 2-3 times per week
Do one of the above oil treatments per week
Comb your hair before shower and before treating hair to avoid breakage
Massage scalp gently 2-3 times a week
Stay Beautiful! Beautiful Me!